Thursday, November 12, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun (And Japanese Time Flies the Fastest!)

I just realized that I have only one month left of teaching here. I feel like I've just settled into life, friendships, and work, only to uproot myself once again. I guess there's the catch to the short contract - you get a taste for the country, and then boom, you're out. I really have enjoyed Japan, possibly even more than China. A combination of factors come into play on this, and it speaks nothing to the actual country being superior, but, truely. it's been awesome.

Not going to start thinking about the end now! I still have a whole 4 weeks to enjoy, plus an additional week of traveling (Hiroshima, here I come!). It's the weekend, and I'm sure we'll make the most of it... with big mess of pictures to prove it to ourselves.

Oh, last night I watched the Japanese version of the Grudge. The title directly translates to something to do with Dark Water Below, and is MUCH scarier than the American one. I think it's because the effects are not over done, the music not as loud, and the cinematography is not as animated. It leaves much to the imagination, which makes it all the more scary. I didn't even finish it - and I had nightmares all night!

1 comment:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Omg...Hiroshima! Please remember all of the peacemaker stuff and take pictures of the PEACE PARK for me!! I would so love a picture to share with my students of Sadako - and Brandan and Aly for that matter too!

Four weeks aren't enough, I am sure, but you will put it to good use and photography it just right! Continue on, World traveller!