Sunday, May 18, 2008

All Smoothed Out

Finally, it's all settled. My host family is going to pick me up from the airport right when I arrive, and after a few days settling there, The parents will drop me and the kids off at thier grandparents house, while the parents go to the wedding. It must be a cultural thing, that they were going to leave thier kids alone with someone they don't even know. I don't think I could ever do it! However, I know that I am awesome, so maybe they sensed that awesomeness through out emails. Maybe?

Miami is really nice. I'm enjoying every moment of hanging out with my family. It seems like we haven't been together in a very long time! The weather is SO HOT that I almost can't take laying by the pool. I've read 3 huge novels already, and am struggling with starting the next. You know how wonderful it is to be in the middle of a great book? But when you are done, finding another book that you will love just as much is so hard. I always feel empty after a good book finishs.

Anyway, it's time to scrapbook a little before seeing Iron Man with the Baker Men... and me.

Quote from yesterday:

"It's cool because we [the baker children] all have our own thing... Kayla is the athletic one, Amy is the smart one. No, Chris is the smart one. Amy is the... oldest one."

1 comment:

MsGraham said...

Hey there, hun!

I was just perusing travel blogs the other day, and I found the coolest one ever! It kind of reminded me of what you're going to be doing in the next couple of years, so I thought you might like to see it. Might give you some ideas! Here's the site:

http://lostgirlsworld.blogspot.com/

Three more days or something like that, right? AHHHH! So exciting!