Thursday, April 7, 2011

What do I have going on? Why, let me check my awesomely bizarre wall calendar.


So, rather belated, yes, but recently I have decided that I was in dire need of a calendar. Honestly, I am not sure I have juggled my rather intense social calendar and increasingly suffocating work schedule; I must have the mind of a machine. Which explains quite a lot, actually.

Anyhow, one day last week I had had enough. Dates jumbled in my mind as my arduous brain-cogs lost their inertia, and my mind-machine ran out of memory-battery-juice.

Analogy terminated. You are welcome.

I decided then and there that I would hop on Amazon.com, my new addiction (thank you mother for adding me to your Super Saver list!). The calendar search began. The first few were exactly what I had expected. Common themes included Zen, Flowers, "Emotional Freedom", Georgia O'Keefe, and nature-scapes. Then, things got a little odd.


Ok, I said. That's meant to be funny. I chuckled a little at the thought of having a Bunny Suicide Calendar. As I continued, however, things kept getting better.


Huh? I can see having a calendar of favorite Fairies from our childhood, such as the three loveable helpers from Sleeping Beauty, or the Ferngully crew. But random drawings of Woodland Faries? I continued...


Just... odd. But it got better.

Now, there were a myriad of Cat Calendars. Most were cute pictures of cats in darling places. This one though, was a cartoon of an agitated looking cat who looks like it's about to get molested by another. Freaky.
Cats I understood, being a common pet and subject of much (undeserved, in my opinion... DOGS RULE!) admiration. Mooses (Meese? ... meese.), though? And odd choice for eye candy for 12 months. Not as odd as the next one I saw.


YES. Purchased this one for myself. Haha - not only is it a monkey, but the most awkward looking monkey EVER. I love him. I also love...

 

ALSO YES. Bought this calendar, chalk full of glamour shots of chickens, for Sarah.

Another noteworthy one:



NO THANKS. Hahaha. But I considered buying it. Sarah suggested putting it about the toilets so men see it when they use out bathroom. Genius. Work that mind-machine, girlfriend!



No comments: