Friday, November 13, 2015

Favorites Week: Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder

I am not feeling much better today, making for a somewhat dismal start to the week. I'm hoping that my stomach clears up so I don't have to go to the doctor; since I just moved and got a new job, I also have to find a new primary care physician! That's a lot of work when you're not feeling so great. I just want to be here. 


Nothing lifts your spirit up at work like an awesome lunch. I am anal about  packing a lunch beforehand because 1) A girl needs a good lunch and 2) a girl gets HANGRY. And plus, I work hard and deserve an awesome [working] lunch! 



In the kitchen, the aptly christened "Favorites Week" has come to an end, and I'm up to my old tricks experimenting. However, as I prepare my lunch for today, I realized that I had forgotten to introduce you to the last of the "Favorite's Week" selections! Chipotle Chicken and Corn Chowder! 

I follow the recipie here from the Brown Eyed Baker. If you haven't taken a look at her stuff yet, you really should peruse the site. Everything I've made per her guidance has turned out spectacularly.

http://www.browneyedbaker.com/chipotle-chicken-and-corn-chowder/?m

I doubled the chipotles in adobo and oregano. To lighten it up, I did use 2% milk instead of whole milk. You might also think about halving the cheese... I did this time around and thought it was great, but Kenny noticed it immediately. It has an excellent flavor without the added calories and fat, but if your up for it I'd say go full cheese, baby!

Happy Monday!

No comments: