Saturday, May 3, 2008

Spring Cleaning

How did I accumulate so much stuff?! Living just 6 months in this tiny apartment, I have amassed an impressive amount of useless things. And now, with my dad driving up from Florida to move me down to the parents house, it is quickly catching up with me.

It's not like I can just throw all of it away, either. What if I NEED that bicycle pump, that 8th three ring binder, or the $2 sparkle martini lotion? True, I don't own a bicycle, am done with school, and have way too much lotion to begin with, but you never know. And so I become a pack rat.

This is no good for someone who will be traveling for the next few years of her life. I have got to learn to live on the edge, embarking on adventures sans the comfort of $2 sparkle martini lotion.

On another note, my flight to Cuzco is booked! Looks like I'll have 7 hours in Lima on my return flight, so I'll go out, see a few sights, have lunch by the ocean, and then go back to the airport. The TEFL program has a house in Cuzco, with a Peruvian chef, house mother, and a few young people that live there. I'll be living there with other people in my program as well. Should be exciting.

Also exciting is the gorgeous sunshine flooding my room right now! I'm going for a run. It's a terrible day to waste thinking about the things that must be done. That's what tomorrow is for;-)

No comments: