Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Moment of Truth

So, the title is a little over dramatic. But it sums up my feeling adequately.

I leave for Paris in about 5 hours. I've been packing/ shopping for the past few days, and trying to learn some more french. I've been hanging out with my family, saying some phone goodbyes to my close friends. It still hasn't hit me yet, but I'm sure once I land in Paris I'll feel it.

Yesterday, I decided to upgrade my internet browser on my computer. After downloading the new version, the browser, and all internet applications, failed to open. My mom (computer genius) spent around 8 hours trying to figure it out/fix what ever happened. Though I now have a rudimentary browser thanks to her craftsmanship, I have so Skype or anything. Note to self: don't do that again.

Also, I think I'm going to try to squeeze 6 months in China (in the small town of XingPing) after Peru. Looks really great. We'll see if I can get the job there, and get the visa in time!

Anyway, I am currently battling a nasty pack of butterflies (who have apparently evolved an grown fangs and rather sharp nails overnight) in my stomach. Maybe I'm slightly excited as well. I'm sure my family and their children will be quite lovely.

1 comment:

Chris said...

This is Kayla and Mom. we hope your butterflies have diminished into pommes (that doesn't make any sense, but it is Kayla's favorite word in French). I am very sad and can't wait to hear that you are successfully with your family. I love you. Kayla loves you. Chris and Daddy too. They are watching a weird SciFi channel movie :).

xxoo

Mom and Kayla