Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bordeaux? No?

This Au Pair thing just keeps getting messier! After the squabble over the visas, the starting dates, and the french courses, I thought it was done. With just 3 weeks to go, you would assume that everything is smoothed out and ready to go.

Nope!

I had been communicating with the agency in France, and they said that June 1st would be the start date. Good, that's what we settled on. However, apparently they didnt' tell that to the family, who emailed me informing me that we will, in fact, be at a wedding in Bordeaux the 31st of May through the 6th of June. That's why they wanted me to start earlier.

Since I'm flying in the 28th, I said that it was fine that I start right away, even though I wanted a few extra days in Paris to get used to the language and time change. Also, to just BE in Paris.

I haven't heard back from either the family or the agency regarding this. I really just want to know if I get to go to Bordeaux for a week or not. To be thrown into a huge social situation like a wedding after only a few days there, a few days of french under my belt... well, it'll be an adventure!

No comments: