Friday, December 25, 2015

Croque Madame with Spinach and Smoked Salmon

Since I started blogging, I've started actually reading some of the entries by food bloggers instead of just scrolling down in a hurry to read the recipes. Some of them are truly very creative and inspirational cooks, some of them I feel like I could be best friends with, but others I have found repeat recipes they have encountered elsewhere on Internet without citing the original source. I was honestly flabbergasted when I read an entry by a blogger that I thought was great, but did exactly that. "I found this recipe on all recipes and it had over 3000 likes. I tried it and it was amazing"... And this is followed by a recipe titled "My Chocolate Chip Cookies". That's extremely selfish… And that's plagiarism! 

I have made a point on the blog to site the original source even if I slightly modified a recipe. That person should get the credit! And it really irks me that someone would take credit for something that is not theirs. What does it hurt to give that person a pat on the back and say, great job! I recognize you and you inspired me ! Definitely the fourth-grade teacher in me talking, lol. It's one of those lessons that I work really hard to instill in my students and then of course when I see it in the adult world it makes me kind of crazy. 


So, here's a recipe that I definitely found on the Internet and I definitely followed step-by-step. Their picture is a way more glamorous than mine, so kudos to you blogger! It's a very simple, traditional French sandwich, basically a super fancy and impressive grilled cheese. As you can see from the background of this picture, I really didn't have a ton of time to be cooking and staging a photo so this was the perfect quick and delicious meal. I've been overwhelmed lately with Christmas preparations! 

Anyway, follow the link below to make this unbelievably delicious sandwich. And maybe while you're at it, leave a comment for the author telling them how amazing they are :-)



No comments: