Thursday, February 2, 2012

#7 Today I learned...

2/2/12 - Today I learned how to make cake pops.

This is a ton of fun! It's time consuming, but, combining the work with good friends makes the night a memorable one. I had three friends over to help me, and it was a blast!

Cake pops are relatively simple. I baked a box white cake, and crumbled it when it cooled. After adding store bought frosting, I molded the cake into balls and stuck the frosting-covered tips of lollipop sticks into the center. Making shapes other than balls is rather difficult, footballs being no exception!

After freezing them to solidify the shape, the dipping began. I had dark chocolate for the footballs, and white chocolate for the rest. We added sprinkles and details, laughing and enjoying each other's company while doing so. A great night... and the cake pops were delicious!





No comments: