Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chinese New Year!

I can't believe it's been 3 years since I was in China. It feels like just yesterday I was there; Yet, I also feel al huge disconnect from the person I was, and the person I am today. Its amazing how much you experience and mature in 3 years.

To celebrate, I taught a few lesson at school about China, or Chinese, and had some pretty interesting discussions with my students. It was very difficult for them, as well as most adult Americans, for them to wrap their heads around how different our cultures are. Though these discussions, I hope to not only instill a sense of curiosity to fuel a desire to pursue a higher education or international travel, but also to promote a awareness and appreciation for a culture that is so different from out own.

Where else to go to celebrate this holiday but to Chinatown? I enjoyed a great evening with friends, with great food. I even found baozi, my favorite chinese food! I bought a pack of 6... and will definitely be back soon to stock up.






I also found something that brought me back to another place entirely - Cusco, Peru! Cheers to Inca Cola!

No comments: