Thursday, August 28, 2008

Llama Yo´ Mama, and Other Plans

Yesterday night was a blast. For someone who loves trivia, as well as going out, it was the perfect combination. Through 6 rounds of sangria and themed trivia (like science, geography, and entertainment) Kaitlin, Gloria, and I bonded with everyone in the tiny, british pub. Although we came in second to last (the trivia was SO obscure!), we had a great time. Our team name was ¨Llama Yo´Mama¨which the bartender giggled at each time she shouted it out to find our scores. Ist place for most creative name EVER.

Today, class was so long. It´s the first day in a while that I´ve had to sit through lectures, and, in combination with the lack of sleep (jet lag induced... still waking up at 3 am, blaaaaah), it was quite tough to keep my eyes open. We talked about EFL techniques, how to question students correctly, and lots of other stuff. Very interesting day, especially while simultaneously battling with my increasingly heavy eyelids.

I have my first mini-lesson tomorrow, which I am a little worried about. I´ll be teaching to a group of 6 students, and the topic is so generic that it´s going to be so hard to plan. I know that teachers think that ¨generic¨is key word for ¨going easy,¨but no, sire, ´tis not. 100 x more thinking time involved, darn it. I was hoping to watch a movie with all of the volunteers in my house.

This weekend, the girls and I (5 young and fun travelers in my TEFL class) are going to hike up to see some ruins. Saturday, we are going to see one that is pronounced ¨Sexy Woman¨and then to see a play at night, depicting the ancient gods, dress, and culture of Peru. Sunday, perhaps some museums, and church at Plaza de Armas. Of course, some bars and dancing stuck in there somewhere. Garunteed great weekend, if you ask me.

I got a picture infront of the remaining ancient incan wall in Cusco (with all 12 angled stones in remarkably good condition), with a fully costumed incan chief. It is AWESOME. I wish my internet worked here... I won´t be able to put up any of the quickly accumulating pictures until after I return home. Oh well, the sacrafices of living South America are nothing against it´s perks.

No comments: