Thursday, August 21, 2008

Of Loss and Muttering

Day 3 has come and gone, and Day 2 is half over. This week is flying by, thank GOODNESS. The anticipation of leaving this prison of a home is depriving me of my sleep and causing me to constantly mutter 'Day 2, Day 2, Day 2' under my breath when something goes wrong. Arthur, 5, even asked me what 'Day 2' meant in English. 'Pourquoi tu dis ça?' he asks. I told him he was saying it wrong ("I was saying 'I LOVE you,' not 'Day 2,' cheré") and that I say it because I am so sad about leaving. Double lie; what has this place done to my moral standards?

Today, Phillippine is with the tutor while the others are at the center, so for the two hours after, in which we are alone, I am taking her to Val D' Europe. I love shopping, she loves shopping, so, by golly, we are going shopping! I need to find a new pair of sunglasses; mine mysteriously disappeared at the campagne this weekend. After a whole year together (a record time for me), I feel naked without them. They were a part of me, a core accessory to my everyday outfit. I received compliment after compliment on my signature shades. They proportioned perfectly to my face, with just the right tint to make the world appear lovelier, happier, more beautiful place (no, they were not rose-colored). Seriously, major depressing loss on my part.

I also lost my favorite jeans here. What's up with that?! Who loses pants?

Argh!

Day 2, Day 2, Day 2....

1 comment:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Amy, as I head back to school today...my thoughts of where you are in the world raced. I hope you are safe and sound and your "adventure" is over and you are all the better for it. Let me know that you are all in one piece.

Best Wishes!