Thursday, March 19, 2009

Good Ol' US of A

Though I'm glad to be home, in some ways a part of me hated that I was taking a breather from my mission to see the world. So much to see, so little time.

However, I forget that, even within the United States, there are opportunities abound to travel and experience the unknown. In fact, especially within the United States, I know this to be true.

Towering mountains, desert basins, glorious beaches, and  frozen wonderlands - we have it all in our own country. How lucky!

For the next 5 days, I'm stepping out of my tropical comfort zone and braving the snow and freezing winds. First, I fly to Chicago for a night, visiting some good friends in the area. Then, it's off to Michigan to visit old friends, and take my sister out to dinner at her university. I'm headed to Indiana for 3 days after that, hosting my cousin's bridal shower. I'm excited to hop on a plane once again, and appreciate what my country has to offer!

No comments: