Saturday, March 7, 2009

Home, Sweet Miami

Just a quick update:

I'm finally home, after a grueling (not so much) 24 hours of traveling. Both of my flights were nearly empty, meaning I had the rare opportunity to sprawl out and lay across a row of seats. Not too bad! Arriving home, I both fell easily back into the routine, yet found it difficult to do so in other ways. 

First Meal in the US: 2 bowls of Honey Bunches of Oats and a Peanut Butter-ed English Muffin.
First Activity: Run in the sun!
Second Activity: Lay in the sun!
First Thing I Didn't Expect to Be Surprised At: How  incredibly soft and large by bed here is.
Second Thing I Didn't Expect to Be Surprised At: How my vocabulary has become predominantly British, prompting my parents to frequently question different words I use.
Adjustment I Find Difficult : Speaking English to everyone, and not having to speak Chinese.
Habit I Find Hard to Break: Putting toilet paper in the toilet, not throwing it away in a bin.

Miami is certainly a sight for sore eyes. Gorgeous weather, blue skies, and a wonderful family - I really didn't realize how much I missed them. My sister arrived home for Spring Break last night, and my good friend Sarah will be arriving this afternoon. We are having a girls night and staying on South Beach, experiencing some of the night life that Miami has to offer. 

I've been job hunting like crazy, and may have found a management position at Abercrombie, or possibly serving at a new dueling piano bar close to home. I'm hoping to start work soon, because I have a lot of money to save before my next adventure!

All is well in my life at the moment.  I have been keeping myself quite busy with various activities. Playing with my new D60 camera, catching up on my favorite TV shows, unpacking, and speaking Chinese to a increasingly annoyed family (which, in truth, makes me laugh even more) are just a few favorite time-passers. I'm just so happy to be home - it's been a long 10 months!

No comments: