Monday, March 9, 2009

Life is a BEACH!

This past couple days have been amazing, taking me back to the vacation-like feel I used to have for Florida.

Firstly, my new Nikon D60 has provided a lot of entertainment for me. I've snapped numerous pictures that sum up everyday life with my family, and others that are just for laughs. 'The Dad', despite what the picture shows, actually loves ahving me home.
Saturday afternoon, we picked Sarah up from the airport, and drove directly to our hotel on South Beach. From there, Sarah and I explored the gorgeous beach, and toodled around Lincoln Road (a famous pedestrian street in the area) until the sun went down. We ate at a relatively cheap restaurant, though my knowledge of what is cheap/ expensive has been completely skewed by travel. I have no idea anymore what is a good price in dollars, and what is not. To further confuse me, one shop was selling different sized Terracotta Warriors. What kind of sick game are these people playing?!
That night, we wandered around the area with new friends, bar hopping until the wee hours of the morning. A famous club, called Mansion, even had a Britney Spears-themed After Party. Needless to say, I was a happy camper.

Sunday was devoutly devoted to the beach. We spent about 6 hours basking on the beautiful sand; I unknowingly burnt my back to a crisp in the process. I guess China-sunlight is a bit more smog-ified than that of Miami. 
Ah, life is such a beach these days;-)

1 comment:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Gorgeous! Great use of the new lens and camera gear! Lovin' the warm sandy feel you have goin' on here! (so jealous, too!!!!)