Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Bridal Shower to Remember

Yes, I realize that I haven't posted in forever (which, by my definition, constitutes a period of more than 7 days). And, yes, I realize that a lot has happened since my last post. 

So, let's get down to the nitty gritty, so to speak. Life got quite busy as March came to a close! 

Firstly, I had my big trip (4 days) up to the cold nether0regions of my home country. I flew into Chicago early Thursday, and made my way immediately to Libertyville to have lunch with some dear family friends. That evening, I had dinner with an old roommate, whom I haven't seen in forever (when reffering to friendship, the meaning of this word changes to infer a period of time closer to a year than a week). The night was spent with one of my best friends. I had an amazing day, filled with emotion. I almost decided to quit traveling right then and there and move back up to Chicago to start my life as a teacher. 
But the next morning set me on the move again. My mom picked me up from Starbucks (where else?) and we drove up, up, up to Michigan to see Albion College, where my sister is currently studying, among other things. It was a great day with the family back together again; we added in even more family as we drove down to Fort Wayne the following morning. I even had the pleasure of gushing over my cousin's gown, which was previewed at a fitting that day. And, after much preparation, my cousin Julia's bridal shower finally came together Sunday, the 22nd. What a great time! 
The lovely couple, Julia and Steve, made no effort to disguise their affections.
The Bridal Party, a.k.a. Busy Little Bees.
Sister and Cousin Kevin, on his 18th Birthday!
Grandma Dunk charming the babies.
Games!
Games and Laughs. And Mamosas.

Grandma Dunk's FAMOUS kolochkis!
le Punch.


This was a hilarious game- each team was given a roll of toilet paper and 5 paper clips, then left to their own devices to create the most elegant wedding dress! Steve almost married them on the spot. Almost.

The Cake (B is for Baker, my cousin's new last name, believe it or not!)



Presents. Lucky her!

Definitely a successful party!

1 comment:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

looks like a wonderful time spent. I would swear that you and your sister were twins - if you didn't tell me you were older!