Sunday, April 5, 2009

Clearwater & Kind-of-Bittersweet Water

Feeling the urge to escape from Miami life, my Mom and I took a weekend vacation (if you can call hauling our things from one beach to another just that) to my favorite place in Florida, Clearwater.

My parents do own some property in this laid-back, quirky little town. Known for its magnificent fine white sand beaches, it's off the beaten path for most Spring-Breakers, who tend to opt for more metropolitan areas in the state. Having said, there was still a much heavier foot traffic here than we normally find. We had fun, no matter the company: spending long hours lounging by the pool, and... well, that's about it.
This past week, our good friends, the Russo Family, came to visit. They had just finished a grueling week long cruise to the Bahamas and Jamaica, and [grudgingly, I'm sure] put off their return to chilly Chicago to spend the afternoon with us. It was great to see them again, especially on my brother's behalf. He was reunited with his best friends from childhood - who have ballooned into young adults. 
Great to see them, but harder still to see them leave. I have lots of aches and pains from travel - not the least is whole-heartedly missing my friends and family. 

2 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Totally cool "perspective" shots. Love how you are breaking your Nikon in! Spring Break here: looking to get some scrap time in...How about you?

Jen Mc said...

Those are wonderful photos and make me long for some warm!!!!
(visiting from Scrap Candy's blog)
Have a great week!