Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feast Your Eyes!


Finally, photos of my new home. Enjoy!

Sunny Istiklal

Street Shops in Taksim
Side Streets in Taksim



Grim-Reaper-esque snow statue
Turkish Treats - These people love their sweets!

The Backroads: A glimpse at the Traffic Madness
My Home Street: Talebasi
Night Shops in Taksim

Near Taksim Square
Istiklal at Night

Istiklal, which is normally this crowded or much, much worse.
Roasted chestnuts, anyone?
Street Mussels: A Thrifty Staple

Istiklal, "Dirty Rice" Vendor (The rice is quite adequate, but, for some unknown reason, has been dubbed by foreigners as "Dirty")



2 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Love it!! Daylight or dark, your new city is awesome and so photogenic! I love the people pics and the slight blur of the bustle.

ann Baker said...

I enjoyed the pictures! Thanks for posting... I love and miss you.