Monday, January 30, 2012

#6 Today I learned...

1/30/12 - Today I learned that "ketchup is shunned in the hot dog world".

Not only was today a Monday, but it was an AWFUL day. I love being a teacher, but sometimes you just have bad days. Teaching, in my opinion, is much different from other professions in that it is incredibly personal. When attacked by a parent or criticized (even constructively) by a superior, if feels like you personally are being reprimanded. That day, all in the matter of the last hour of school, I had three separate things happen, all of which brought me down from my usual chipper self to tears. Parents can be brutal.

Though we usually get sushi on Monday nights, that morning my boyfriend and I had decided to make hot dogs. He is a great cook, and proclaimed that he made amazing dogs; I had been craving a good one for weeks, and so it was settled. I texted him after my breakdown, desperately imploring him to follow through on him promise. He did per usual, and was he true to his word! Great!

He is quite the hot dog connoisseur, and is full of useless knowledge about the food. Apparently, "Ketchup is shunned in the hot dog world"; in the really good hot dog stands, the won't put ketchup on your dog. Its fresh tomatoes, all the way.



No comments: