Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Short Excerpt From My Up-and-Coming Bestseller, "Haikus: The Secretly Poetic Moments of Everyday Life in China"



Haiku #105: No Water for Over 24 Hours (No End In Sight)
Dishes rank piled high
I pooped big and it's still there
B.O. fills my lungs

Haiku #19: Wǒ Xiǎng Hěn Dōu Měiguó de Dōng Xi [I Miss a Lot of American Things]
Shopping Malls, Hip-Hop
Family, Friends, Sunday Football
I'd kill for tacos

Haiku #72: Bus Ride Suicide
For 1 yuan I die
Crushed by 10 million people
They all have bad breath

Haiku #24: Man Obviously Trying to Secretly Take a Photo of Me on His Cell Phone
Sneaky, sneaky man
Awkwardly holding your phone
Cheese, capture, send all.

Haiku #56 Leaving on a Jet Plane/ Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love Ya, Chengdu.
Socks, check, camera, check
New Year is here, off we go!
Need to buy toothpaste

3 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

that's some book you have going there!

Unknown said...

LOL!

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Okay - I am DYING to see the New Year pics!! The fireworks had to be tremendous! DId you catch them on film?