Friday, December 11, 2009

Another さようなら (Sa-yo-na-ra)

I can't believe I'm saying this again, but wow! How time flies! Yesterday was my last day teaching, and it was another heart-wretching goodbye to my students that I have come to know and really care about. 


12 weeks was too short a semester - just enough time to get settled into a routine and make friends. I really did meet some amazing, interesting people here, people that made my day to day bright and enjoyable. Here are some pictures I took of my students.

TaikiJuri, Norie, and Yimin
Hiroya, Kai
I'm going to miss them all so much!!

I still have a week or so left in the country: time that will be spent on the road. I plan on hitting a nice run of the famous sights, although not nearly as many as I would like to see. I will be traveling by myself for the first time, an experience that will definitely be a learning one. First stop: Hiroshima! 

1 comment:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Oh Amy, You know me - YOU WILL CARRY ALL OF YOUR STUDENTS in your heart. I am sure for as much as you learned on this journey you have shared a tremendous amount and taught others so much MORE, as well.

Enjoy these last few days and SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!