Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicken and Dumplings, with a Jalapeno twist.

As a first attempt at this comforting dish, I must say that I did pretty well. Chicken and Dumplings remind me of cold winter evenings around the kitchen table with my family, laughing at something ridiculous my Dad said, listening to Mom relate an interesting biblical antecdote learnt from her Master's study, or standing by as my sister burst into tears after discovered someone ate one of "her" pudding cups that my mother had purchased at the store for the family to enjoy. All good memories, all elicited by this dish!

Dumpling can be tricky, though, and mine did turn out a bit denser that I would have liked. I also couldn't resist adding one of my favorite ingredients, the jalapeno pepper. I sauteed them with the onions and added a few cumin seeds to up the flavor.

The base recipe can be found here. Add j-peppers, corn, peas, butter, and cumin for some added YUM.




No comments: