Wednesday, January 11, 2012

French Onion Soup: The cure for the work-day blues.

After a long day at work, the boyfriend turned to me and said, "If I buy the stuff, will you make me french onion soup?" I sighed in feigned submission, secretly hiding the fact that I was thrilled with the idea. These moments can be used in successfully soliciting future favors; "Please won't you (insert undesirable task here)? But remember that time I made you french onion soup?"

French onion soup  is one of those soups that has all the ingredients that make you feel warm and good inside. The rich broth, the crunchy crostini, and the required overdose of cheese all meld together to leave you feeling satisfied. Even writing about it makes me want to whip up another batch!


This time, I added a little Worchestire sauce to the broth. A great addition, and a great evening followed!

No comments: